Monday, October 29, 2012

Green Magma

So as we hunker down and wait for Hurricane Sandy I thought I'd post about the one product I've been using for almost 20 years now, Green Magma. Not as well known as it's cousin wheatgrass, it has some remarkable health properties and imho is a lot easier to drink!

Originally I started using it after having suffered through multiple bladder infections as a teenager and then finally being diagnosed with interstitial cystitis and told it was incurable.  I went to my university library and plowed through all the information I could find (this was before the internet folks!).  One article I found talked about the use of barley grass extract injected directly into the bladder that cured a man with such severe radiation damage that his bladder walls were no longer able to stretch or contract.  Sounded good to me!

Along with some big dietary changes I started taking Green Magma religiously every morning.  I have to say it was miraculous.  The pain with urination started to fade and within a few months I felt completely better.  I've never taken my health for granted since that point and I continue to drink green magma several times a week.  I drink Green Foods Green Magma perhaps because that's what I got used to.  I've tried many others but just can't seem to get used to the taste - and hey, it works so may as well stick with it.  My kids drink it too as I got them used to it very young.

So what exactly is it and why does it work?


Green Magma was developed by the scientist Dr Hagiwara in Japan in 1969 as an extract of young barley grass.  He found that young barley grass has a lot of phytonutrients that protect the body from free radicals and used it to correct his own health issues.

Dermatologist Nicholas Perricone MD is a big proponent of Green Magma because of its inflammation fighting properties and recommends it now in his books.  It is a source of chlorophyll, beta carotene, B vitamins, minerals, protein, fiber and enzymes and also contains antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase and carotenoids. Green Magma also helps to alkalinize the body and protect against cancer which prefers an acidic environment.

One thing I love about the product is that all these health benefits are so simple to obtain. I love to juice and am a big fan of all the great things it does for your general health. However when I just don't have time to juice (or more honestly don't want to deal with the clean up) I can easily whip up a green drink as Green Magma comes freeze dried (and also in tablets) and you just need to add water to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment